It is commendable how CBSE keeps coming with new ways to help teachers and students perform better. This sometimes includes improved teaching resources while sometimes they are additional learning and practice material for students.
On March 24, 2021, Hon'ble Minister of Education announced the release of 100+ comic books for students of Class 3 to 12. With these, CBSE aimed to introduce Art-integrated Education to improve students’ way of perceiving NCERT curriculum.
But are these comic books actually useful in the way they are depicted?
These comics are created by teachers of CBSE affiliated schools and curated by NCERT to make it available to all students. When they were released, we at Educart, did a thorough analysis on all subjects and came to some conclusions, which you can find below.
But first, here is the so far provided CBSE Class 10 Hindi Comic Books PDF file. You can download it to your device for FREE offline access without entering any login information.
NOTE: This comic book is in reference to the Grammar topic - Reported Speech; given in Chapter 11 The Proposal from NCERT First Flight exercise section.
According to CBSE, these comic books are supposed to:
- bring an innovative shift to teaching and learning methods;
- associate the students with holistic learning;
- develop cultural and social sensitivity in them;
- encourage out-of-the-box thinking; and
- help them connect real life experiences to the concepts of a subject.
So, we examined the CBSE Class 10 Hindi Comic Books to see if these were applicable on them. Based on that, we have provided a few Advantages and Shortfalls of this comic book.
You can read them and understand if they will actually prove to be a helping hand as far as the curriculum/ board exam 2022 is concerned.
- Encourages Creativity: Although this comic book is poorly designed, students may find the overall presentation of the storyline fun and imaginative, resulting in an improved ability to visualise the whole concept of the story and hence, the use of Reported Speech.
- Supports Reading Skills: The use of dialogues helps the students to understand how to make dialogue with their friends, teachers, and neighbours.
- Summarised Content: The comic book comes with some helpful additions in the beginning and at the end including Storyboard, Learning Outcomes, Character Sketch, Recapitulation, Glossary, and Bibliography. These elements provide an idea of what the whole comic is about and is going to present.
- Practice Questions: They also have some fun objective questions like crosswords, word grids, MCQs, etc. to test the knowledge of the students on the basis of the content.
- Unnecessarily Distractive: This book is designed to be an additional learning material but it can be quite a distraction for some students. They may be spending hours reading this mini book and yet not learning anything substantial.
- Not Enough Content: So far, CBSE has released only this one comic book in alignment with Class 10 Hindi NCERT book, which means that students and teachers only have Reported Speech to visualise with the help of a comic book. CBSE must think of adding more concepts of Literature and Grammar so that these comic books can actually be a helpful resource.
- Irrelevant Questions: Even though the questions provided in these comic books are fun, they are totally not based on the CBSE paper pattern. Questions like crosswords, word hunt, etc. will not help the students to practice the types of questions based on the new pattern.
- Inconsistency: There is some confusion observed within the book as the teachers or students may not completely understand the story or how they can utilise this resource to their benefit. So, the teachers may not prefer using this book as a teaching resource.
We hope this information helps you to decide if the CBSE Class 10 Comic Books are effective for learning the chapters in Class 10 Hindi curriculum better.
If you would like to add more value to your study and learning schedule, you can actually buy a proven and more useful book, that is bought by more than 34,000 students already for the academic year 2021-22. Our latest EDUCART HINDI A QUESTION BANK FOR 2022 EXAMS and HINDI B QUESTION BANK FOR 2022 EXAMS is a complete solution for exam preparation with new pattern chapter-wise questions, Toppers corner and Sample Papers.