Find out the present sources of energy that are used by the people in India. What could be the other possibilities fifty years from now?
The details of the current sources of energy being used by the people of North India are as follows
1. Use of natural gas : Natural gas is also being used a lot as a means of power. Gas is transported to distant places with the help of pipes. Due to this work is done in many industrial units.
2. Use of hydropower : This is the cheapest renewable resource of energy. It is widely used in homes, offices and industrial units.
3. Uses of Coal : Coal is used as a fuel and as a raw material in industries. Steam engines in which coal is used are used in railways and industries.
4. Use of mineral oil : Mineral oil is used in road transport, ships, airplanes etc. Diesel, kerosene, petrol etc. are obtained by refining oil.
5. Use of other sources of energy : There are some sources of energy which have been used since some time ago. All these sources are renewable. Such as wind energy, solar energy, biogas, geothermal energy etc. Most of the traditional sources of energy have been in use for a long time. All these sources are non-renewable, that is, they get exhausted once used. It is not possible to replenish them. In the coming 50 years, if these resources continue to be used like this, they will be exhausted. If we have to save these resources, then we have to find new and renewable sources of energy and use them more and more.
CBSE Class 10 Sample PapersMaths StandardMaths BasicHindi AHindi BSocial ScienceScienceSanskritEnglish