On July 5, 2021, CBSE had announced that the Syllabus for Class 12 Board Exams will be reduced as per a Term-based Examination System and on July 22, 2021, they finalised the reduced syllabus as well by providing updated PDFs.
CBSE Class 12 Syllabus has undergone drastic changes since the previous 2020-21 session. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the education system has been challenging for both teachers and students.
So, similar to the 30% reduction in the last session, CBSE decided to reduce the overall syllabus according to the Term-based Board Examination for the 2021-22 session again.
We, at Educart, were prompt about it and have updated the changes in all the subjects for you. Here, you can find:
- freely-downloadable PDF links to the latest reduced Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus for 2021-22 academic session; and
- simple analysis of all the deleted topics/ chapters for 2021-22 Term-based Board Exam.
With all this information in hand, both teachers and students will have a defined structure to begin the learning process on time and efficiently.
Class 12 Physical Education Reduced Syllabus for 2021-22 (Reduced)
<cta> Download <cta>
We have also provided the syllabus for the 2021-22 session that was previously restored so that you can compare the deleted and added topics.
Class 12 Physical Education Reduced Syllabus for 2021-22 (Restored Previously)
<cta> Download <cta>
Now, let us take a look at the syllabus for Term I and Term II Board Exams in detail and try to understand what changes have been made.
<red> Marked in red: <red> Topics <red> removed <red> for 2021-22
Unit I: Planning in Sports
- Meaning & Objectives Of Planning
- Various Committees & its Responsibilities (pre; during & post)
- Tournament: Knock-Out, League Or Round Robin & Combination
- Procedure To Draw Fixtures: Knock-Out (Bye & Seeding) & League (Staircase & Cyclic)
- <red> Intramural & Extramural: <red> <red> Meaning, Objectives & Its Significance <red>
- <red> Specific Sports Programme (Sports Day, Health Run, Run For Fun, Run For Specific Cause & Run For Unity) <red>
Unit II: Sports & Nutrition
- Balanced Diet & Nutrition: Macro & Micro Nutrients
- Nutritive & Non-Nutritive Components Of Diet
- Eating For Weight Control: A Healthy Weight, The Pitfalls of Dieting, Food Intolerance & Food Myths
Unit V: Children & Women in Sports
- Motor development & factors affecting it
- Exercise Guidelines at different stages of growth & Development
- Common Postural Deformities - Knock Knee; Flat Foot; Round Shoulders; Lordosis, Kyphosis, Bow Legs and Scoliosis and their corrective measures
- Sports participation of women in India
- <red> Special consideration (Menarche & Menstrual Dysfunction) <red>
- <red> Female Athletes Triad (Osteoporosis, Amenorrhea, Eating Disorders) <red>
Unit VI: Test & Measurement in Sports
- Motor Fitness Test: 50 M Standing Start, 600 M Run/Walk, Sit & Reach, Partial Curl Up, Push Ups (Boys), Modified Push Ups (Girls), Standing Broad Jump, Agility; 4x10 M Shuttle Run
- <red> General Motor Fitness: <red> <red> Barrow three item general motor ability (Standing Broad Jump, Zig Zag Run, Medicine Ball Put; For Boys: 03 Kg & For Girls: 01 Kg) <red>
- Measurement of Cardiovascular Fitness: Harvard Step Test/Rockport Test Computation of Fitness Index
Duration of the Exercise in Seconds x 100 5.5 x Pulse count of 1-1.5 Min after Exercise
- Rikli & Jones - Senior Citizen Fitness Test
Unit VIII: Biomechanics & Sports
- Meaning and Importance of Biomechanics in Sports
- Types of movements (Flexion, Extension, Abduction & Adduction)
- Newton’s Law of Motion & its application in sports
- <red> Friction & Sports <red>
Unit III: Yoga & Lifestyle
- Asanas as preventive measures
- Obesity: Procedure, Benefits & contraindications for Vajrasana, Hastasana, Trikonasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Diabetes: Procedure, Benefits & contraindications for Bhujangasana, Paschimottasana, Pavan Muktasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Asthma: Procedure, Benefits & contraindications for Sukhasana, Chakrasana, Gomukhasana, Parvatasana, Bhujangasana, Paschimottasana, Matsyasana
- Hypertension: Tadasana, Vajrasana, Pavan Muktasana, Ardha Chakrasana, Bhujangasana, Shavasana
- <red> Back Pain: <red> <red> Tadasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana, Vakrasana, Shalabhasana, Bhujangasana <red>
Unit IV: Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children With Special Needs - Divyang)
- Concept of Disability & Disorder
- Types of Disability, its causes & nature (cognitive disability, intellectual disability, physical disability)
- Types of Disorder, its cause & nature (ADHD, SPD, ASD, ODD, OCD)
- Disability Etiquettes
- <red> Advantage of Physical Activities for children with special needs <red>
- Strategies to make Physical Activities accessible for children with special needs.
Unit VII: Physiology & Injuries in Sports
- Physiological factor determining component of Physical Fitness
- Effect of exercise on Cardiorespiratory System
- Effect of exercise on Muscular System
- <red> Physiological changes due to ageing <red>
- Sports injuries: Classification (Soft Tissue Injuries:(Abrasion, Contusion, Laceration, Incision, Sprain & Strain) Bone & Joint Injuries: (Dislocation, Fractures: Stress Fracture, Green Stick, Comminuted, Transverse Oblique & Impacted) Causes, Prevention & treatment
- First Aid: Aims & Objectives
Unit IX: Psychology & Sports
- Personality: its definition & types, traits & types (Sheldon & Jung Classification) & Big Five Theory
- Motivation, its type & techniques
- <red> Exercise Adherence; Reasons to Exercise, Benefits of Exercise <red>
- <red> Strategies for Enhancing Adherence to Exercise <red>
- Meaning, Concept & Types of Aggressions in Sports
Unit X: Training in Sports
- Strength: Definition, types & methods of improving Strength; Isometric, Isotonic & Isokinetic
- Endurance: Definition, types & methods to develop Endurance; Continuous Training, Interval Training & Fartlek Training
- Speed: Definition, types & methods to develop Speed; Acceleration Run & Pace Run
- Flexibility: Definition, types & methods to improve flexibility
- Coordinative Abilities: Definition & types
- <red> Circuit Training: <red> <red> Introduction & its importance <red>
Our other latest CLASS 12 EDUCART QUESTION BANKS FOR 2022 EXAMS are the ONLY BOOK available in the market for extensive Term-based exam preparation.
Each book includes all possible types of MCQs (Competency-based, Case/ Extract/ Poem-based, A/R type), Chapter-wise Notes, Self Practice Questions, and Topper's Answers. You will have an abundance of questions to practice.
Any other information regarding CBSE curriculum, paper pattern, study material, and notifications is available below in the supporting links.