Mention some of the rights of consumers and write a few sentences oneach.
The rights of consumers are described in the Consumer Protection Act of 1986 and the amendments in 1991 and 1993. Following are the main rights of the consumers-
1. Right to be heard : Consumers have the right to seek redressal against unfair treatment and exploitation. If any damage is done to a consumer, then he has the right to get compensation based on the quantum of damage. To accomplish this task, the right of hearing has been given to all the consumers.
2. Right to consumer education : Every consumer has the right that the government should keep trying to keep them aware of their rights. He should be aware of the merits and demerits of various items available in the market so that he can use that information before buying the items.
3. Right to presentation : Every consumer has the right to present his problems in front of various institutions and organizations and these organizations can help him in solving his problems.
4. Right to safety : Consumers have been given the right to protect themselves from the sale of all such goods, which may be harmful to their life and property.
5. Right to Information : The consumer has been given the right to get every information regarding the quality, quantity, purity and price etc. of every item purchased so that he can save himself from exploitation.
6. Right to choose : Every consumer has the right to choose the thing according to his wish from a variety of items after seeing and paying the right price.