In this page, you can find the direct PDF links to reduced Class 11 Business Studies Term-based Syllabus for 2021-22 academic session. You can download the files to your system without entering any login information.
2022-23 Reduced Syllabus
<cta> Download <cta>
<red> Marked in red: <red> Topics <red> removed <red>for 2021-22
NOTE: Concept includes meaning and features.
Part A - Foundations of Business
Unit 1: Nature and Significance of Management
- History of Trade and Commerce in India: Indigenous Banking System, Rise of Intermediaries, Transport, Trading Communities: Merchant Corporations, Major Trade Centres, Major Imports and Exports, Position of Indian Sub-Continent in the World Economy.
- Business - meaning and characteristics
- Business, profession and employment - Concept
- Objectives of business
- Classification of business activities - Industry and Commerce
- Industry-types: primary, secondary, tertiary - Meaning and subgroups
- Commerce-trade: (types-internal, external; wholesale and retail) and auxiliaries to trade; (banking, insurance, transportation, warehousing, communication, and advertising) - Meaning
- Business risk - Concept
Unit 2: Forms of Business Organisations
- Sole Proprietorship - Concept, merits and limitations.
- Partnership - Concept, types, merits and limitation of partnership, registration of a partnership firm, partnership deed. Types of partners
- Partnership vs. Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Hindu Undivided Family Business - Concept
- Cooperative Societies-Concept, types, merits, and limitations.
- Company - Concept, merits and limitations; Types: Private, Public and One Person Company - Concept
- Private Company vs. Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Formation of company - stages, important documents to be used in the formation of a company
- Choice of form of business organization
Unit 3: Public, Private and Global Enterprises
- Public sector and private sector enterprises - Concept
- Forms of public sector enterprises: Departmental Undertakings, Statutory Corporations and Government Company.
- Global Enterprises – Feature. Joint ventures, Public private partnership - concept
Unit 4: Business Services
- Business services – meaning and types. Banking: Types of bank accounts - savings, current, recurring, fixed deposit and multiple option deposit account
- Banking services with particular reference to Bank Draft, Bank Overdraft, Cash credit. E-Banking meaning, Types of digital payments
- Insurance – Principles. Types – life, health, fire and marine insurance - concept
- Postal Service - Mail, Registered Post, Parcel, Speed Post, Courier - meaning
Unit 5: Emerging Modes of Business
- E - business: concept, scope and benefits
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO): Concept, need and scope
Unit 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics
- Concept of social responsibility
- Case for social responsibility
- Responsibility towards owners, investors, consumers, employees, government and community.
- Role of business in environment protection
- Business Ethics - Concept and Elements
Part B - Finance and Trade
Unit 7: Sources of Business Finance
- Business finance - Concept and importance
- Owners’ funds - equity shares, preferences share, retained earnings, Global Depository receipt (GDR), American Depository Receipt (ADR) and International Depository Receipt (IDR) - concept
- Borrowed funds: debentures and bonds, loans from financial institutions and commercial banks, public deposits, trade credit, Inter Corporate Deposits (ICD).
Unit 8: Small Business and Enterprises
- Entrepreneurship Development (ED): Concept, Characteristics and Need. Process of Entrepreneurship Development: Start-up India Scheme, ways to fund start-up. Intellectual Property Rights and Entrepreneurship
- Small scale enterprise - Definition (as defined by MSMED Act 2006 (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act))
- Role of small business in India with special reference to rural areas
- Government schemes and agencies for small scale industries: National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) and District Industrial Centre (DIC) with special reference to rural, backward areas.
Unit 9: Internal Trade
- Internal trade - meaning and types services rendered by a wholesaler and a retailer
- Types of retail-trade-Itinerant and small scale fixed shops retailers
- Large scale retailers-Departmental stores, chain stores - concept
- GST (Goods and Services Tax) - Concept and key features
Unit 10: International Trade
- International trade: concept and benefits Understand the concept of international trade.
- Export trade – Meaning and procedure
- Import Trade - Meaning and procedure
- Documents involved in International Trade; indent, letter of credit, shipping order, shipping bills, mate’s receipt (DA/ DP)
- World Trade Organization (WTO) meaning and objectives