Class 12 Topper Tips to Score Maximum Marks in English Language and Literature
English is a very vast subject, but the syllabus for class 12th is very concise. What the students will study is pre-defined so it is easy to study strategically. I scored 98 marks in my class 12th.
Knowing the correct exam pattern and strategies will help students to score well. Presentation skills and time management is very crucial while attempting the CBSE class-12 board exam.
The team at Educart Publications approached me intending to help you guys with some of my favourite tips on how to attempt the English Board Paper in the best way. Read along to know what things I kept in mind to perform so well in the exam.
ATTEMPTING THE PAPER
The CBSE Class 12th English Core (Subject Code 301) has a mix of questions. It mainly consists of 3 sections and here we will discuss - every aspect of attempting the paper. The points for attempting the paper are as follows:
- Use 15-Minutes Completely: During this paper reading time, you can evaluate which question you have to answer. Also, decide which questions you have to attempt first. Always start with the questions who know perfectly.
- Allot Time: Divide the time according to the weightage of the question.
- Maintain the Right Order of Questions: Make sure you attempt the right order of different parts of a particular question. For example, if question number 1 has 4 parts namely a,b,c, and d then the order should be the same.
- Writing Neatly: While writing the paper, write your answers with proper spacing. Use diagrams, charts, and tables to make your answers more appealing. Maintain proper spacing between two answers.
- Differentiate the Text: Use a black pen to write hardlines, and sub-headlines and underline the keyword.
- Avoid Grammar Mistakes: It is best to read the sentences you write for any possible spelling or grammar mistakes.
- Stick to the Point: Answer the question exactly as it asks. Be specific and do not deviate from the answer.
- Revise at the End: Leave some time to analyse the questions you were confused about.
Further, you must study the paper pattern in detail. Read the tips given to learn how to attempt each section of the Physics paper capably.
TIPS FOR DIFFERENT SECTION QUESTIONS
Every question in the English Board Paper needs to be answered differently. So, this may confuse the best way to attempt each of them. Down below are some tips on how you can attempt each section of the English Language and Literature paper capably.
- Read questions before reading the passage. It will save your time and help you to find the answers quickly.
- Since these questions have only 1 mark weightage try to write the answer in one line or one word. Do not spend more than one minute.
- Do not just copy and paste the sentence from the passage. Write the answer in your language.
- If you are unsure of any answer just skip that or try to mark the nearest possible answer according to you.
- Read your answers and check the spelling.
Writing and Grammar Section
- Write a letter and report in the correct format as your teacher tells you.
- In an Informal letter use your creativity, and vocabulary skills, and present your answer in the best way.
- While writing a formal letter, use appropriate designation and salutations.
- The word limit for notice or invitation is 50 words, so try to complete the answer within the word limit. Writing more words can take you more time and you will not get extra marks for writing more.
- In note making the title, subheading and abbreviation should be written in a proper way to score full marks.
- Minimum 4 abbreviations are needed in note-making, for which 1 mark is allotted. Don’t fill a complete page with abbreviations.
- Always write answers crisply and concisely, so that it will save your time. Long answers don’t fetch you more marks but cut your limited time.
- Your style and tone must be appropriate according to the format of the letter or paragraph.
- Attempt long answers first and try to write them in bullet points. Underline/highlight the important points.
- Use a black colour pen for the title, sub-title, or underline.
- Follow the pattern of questions and do not skip any questions. Leave some space according to the allotted marks but come back to do it later on. Do not leave any questions.
- Every 3-mark question must have two valuable points and every 6-mark question must have 4 important points.
Like most language subjects, English can also be a scoring subject in which all you have to do is write the right things. And for that, you must avail reliable study material and resources. For subject revision before exams, I strongly recommend the EDUCART FINAL REVISION OF ALL SUBJECTS 2022-23.
This All-in-One book is the perfect solution for quick revision in a small turnaround. It covers everything from concise chapter summaries to detailed tips for attempting all the questions efficiently. This book is worth your time and efforts!