In this page, you can find direct PDF download links to reduced Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus for the 2022-23 academic session. We have also added a simple analysis of all the deleted and added topics according to the latest syllabus.
2022-23 Reduced Syllabus
<cta> Download <cta>
Given below is the reduced syllabus for the 2021-22 session that you can use to compare the deleted and/ or added topics.
2020-21 Reduced Syllabus
<cta> Download <cta>
<red> Marked in red: <red> Topics/ chapters <red> removed <red> for 2022-23
UNIT I: BASICS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Computer Systems: characteristics of a computer, components of a computer system - CPU, memory, storage devices and I/O devices.
- Memory: primary (RAM and ROM) and secondary memory
- Storage devices: hard disk, CD ROM, DVD, pen/flash drive, memory stick
- I/O devices: keyboard, mouse, monitor, printer, scanner, web camera
- Types of software: system software (operating system, device drivers), application software including mobile applications
- Computer networking: Type of networks: PAN, LAN, MAN, WAN, wired/wireless communication, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cloud computers (private/public)
- Multimedia: images, audio, video, animation
UNIT II: CYBER SAFETY
- Safely browsing the web and using social networks: identity protection, proper usage of passwords, privacy, confidentiality of information, cyber stalking, reporting cyber crimes.
- Safely accessing websites: viruses and malware, adware.
UNIT III: OFFICE TOOLS
- Introduction to a word processor: create and save a document.
- Edit and format text: text style (B, I, U), font type, font size, text colour, alignment of text. Format paragraphs with line and/or paragraph spacing. Add headers and footers, numbering pages, grammar and spell check utilities, subscript and superscript, insert symbols, use print preview, and print a document.
- Insert pictures, change the page setting, add bullets and numbering, borders and shading, and insert tables - insert/delete rows and columns, merge and split cells.
- Use auto-format, track changes, review comments, use of drawing tools, shapes and mathematical symbols.
- PRESENTATION TOOL: understand the concept of slide shows, basic elements of a slide, different types of slide layouts, create and save a presentation, and learn about the different views of a slide set – normal view, slide sorter view and hand-outs.
- Edit and format a slide: add titles, subtitles, text, background, and watermark, headers and footers, and slide numbers.
- Insert pictures from files, create animations, add sound effects, and rehearse timings.
- SPREADSHEETS: concept of a worksheet and a workbook, create and save a worksheet.
- Working with a spreadsheet: enter numbers, text, date/time, series using autofill; edit and format a worksheet including changing the colour, size, font, alignment of text; insert and delete cells, rows and columns. Enter a formula using the operators (+,-,*, /), refer to cells, and print a worksheet.
- Use simple statistical functions: SUM (), AVERAGE (), MAX (), MIN (), IF () (without compound statements); embed charts of various types: line, pie, scatter, bar and area in a worksheet.
<red> UNIT IV: SCRATCH OR PYTHON <red>
<red> Alternative 1: Educational programming language – Scratch <red>
- <red> Introduction to Scratch. <red>
- <red> Drag and drop commands, creating simple scripts, repeating blocks of commands. <red>
- <red> Discuss x-y plane, create scripts to move the cat (Scratch mascot). <red>
- <red> Create a script to draw diagrams using the pen feature. <red>
<red> Alternative 2: Python <red>
- <red> Programming Basics: <red> <red> Algorithms and Flowcharts <red>
- <red> Characteristics of a good program <red>
- <red> Introduction to Python <red>
- <red> A simple “Hello World" program <red>
- <red> Running a Python program <red>
- Browser settings for a secure connection
- Working with the operating system: Navigation of the file system using a mouse and keyboard.
- Word processing: create a text document; create a letter, report, and greeting card.
- Create a text document with figures in it. It should describe a concept taught in another course.
- Discuss the following in a text document about the basic organisation of a computer: CPU, memory, input/output devices, hard disk.
- Create a text document in an Indian language other than English.
- Create a presentation.
- Create a presentation with animation.
- Include existing images/ pictures in a presentation.
- Animate pictures and text with sound effects in a presentation
- Create a simple spreadsheet and perform the following operations: min, max, sum, and average.
- Create different types of charts using a spreadsheet: line, bar, area and pie.
- <red> Write basic Scratch/ Python programs. <red>