Latest Update on CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2023-24
CBSE Syllabus for the 2023-2024 academic year has been released and we were prompt about prediction of the changes. Below, we have provided you with a simple analysis of CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus below, along with:
- PDF download -> 2023-24 (latest) and past year syllabus for CBSE Class 10 Science
- Competency Focus -> what is new
- Detailed analysis -> deleted and added topics/ chapters
- Lab exercises -> List of all 2023-24 practicals
2023-24 Latest CBSE Syllabus Class 10 Science
<cta2> Download <cta2>
2022-23 Reduced Syllabus Class 10 Science
<cta> Download <cta>
(for reference purposes only)
NOTE: There are no topics deleted or added in Class 10 Science 2023-24 syllabus.
CBSE Class 10 Science 2023-24 Practical List
Practical should be conducted alongside the concepts taught in theory classes.
- A. (Unit I) Finding the pH of the following samples by using pH paper/universal indicator:
- Dilute Hydrochloric Acid
- Dilute NaOH solution
- Dilute Ethanoic Acid solution
- Lemon juice
- Dilute Hydrogen Carbonate solution
B. (Unit I Chapter 2) Studying the properties of acids and bases (HCl & NaOH) on the basis of their reaction with:
- Litmus solution (Blue/Red)
- Zinc metal
- Solid sodium carbonate
- (Unit I Chapter 1) Performing and observing the following reactions and classifying them into:
A. Combination reaction
B. Decomposition reaction
C. Displacement reaction
D. Double displacement reaction
- Action of water on quicklime
- Action of heat on ferrous sulphate crystals
- Iron nails kept in copper sulphate solution
- Reaction between sodium sulphate and barium chloride solutions
- A. (Unit I Chapter 3) Observing the action of Zn, Fe, Cu and Al metals on the following salt solutions:
Arranging Zn, Fe, Cu and Al (metals) in the decreasing order of reactivity based on the above result.
- (Unit IV Chapter 12) Studying the dependence of potential difference (V) across a resistor on the current (I) passing through it and determining its resistance. Also plotting a graph between V and I.
- (Unit IV) Determination of the equivalent resistance of two resistors when connected in series and parallel.
- (Unit II) Preparing a temporary mount of a leaf peel to show stomata.
- (Unit II Chapter 6) Experimentally show that carbon dioxide is given out during respiration.
- (Unit I) Study of the following properties of acetic acid (ethanoic acid):
- Solubility in water
- Effect on litmus
- Reaction with Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
- (Unit I) Study of the comparative cleaning capacity of a sample of soap in soft and hard water.
- (Unit III Chapter 10) Determination of the focal length of:
- Concave mirror; and
- Convex lens; by obtaining the image of a distant object.
- (Unit III Chapter 10) Tracing the path of a ray of light passing through a rectangular glass slab for different angles of incidence. Measure the angle of incidence, angle of refraction, angle of emergence and interpret the result.
- (Unit II Chapter 8) Studying (a) binary fission in Amoeba, and (b) budding in yeast and Hydra with the help of prepared slides.
- (Unit III Chapter 11) Tracing the path of the rays of light through a glass prism.
- (Unit II) Identification of the different parts of an embryo of a dicot seed (Pea, gram or red kidney bean).
1. What is the revised CBSE Class 10 science syllabus for 2023-24?
The CBSE Class 10th Science Syllabus for 2024 includes topics such as Chemical Reactions and Equations, Acids, Bases and Salts, Metals and Non-Metals, Carbon and its Compounds, Periodic Classification of Elements, Life Processes, Control and coordination, Heredity and Evolution, Light - Reflection and Refraction, Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Sources of Energy, and Our Environment.
2. Where to check the deleted CBSE Syllabus of class 10 science for 2023-24 academic year?
On March 31, 2023, CBSE release an updated syllabus for class 10. Certain chapters have been deleted for the academic year 2023-24. You can check out the deleted syllabus of class 10 Science from- Complete CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2024
3. How to download the CBSE 2024 syllabus for class 10 science for the 2023-24 year?
CBSE has released the latest syllabus for the academic session 2023-24 for class 10 science. Students need to go through the latest syllabus to get an idea about the paper pattern. You can download the CBSE 2023 syllabus for class 10 from - Complete CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2024