The following are the different methods of contraception :
- Physical devices such as condoms, diaphragms, and cervical caps are used.
- This method involves tablets or drugs which have to be taken orally. These contain small doses of hormones that prevent the discharge of eggs and thus fertilization cannot occur.
- Contraceptive devices such as loop or Copper-T are placed within the uterus to prevent pregnancy.
- In the surgical method, the fallopian tubes are blocked in females to stop the flow of eggs, and vas deferens are blocked in men to stop the flow of sperm.
- Self-control is also a solution.