On July 22, 2021, CBSE finalised the reduction in syllabus for the 2021-22 session as per the latest Term-based Examination Pattern.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus has undergone drastic changes since the previous 2020-21 session. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the education system has been challenging for both teachers and students.
So, similar to the 30% reduction in the last session, CBSE decided to reduce the overall syllabus according to the Term-based Board Examination for the 2021-22 session again.
We, at Educart, were prompt about it and have updated the changes in all the subjects for you. Here, you can find:
- freely-downloadable PDF links to the latest reduced Class 10 Computer Applications Syllabus for 2021-22 academic session; and
- simple analysis of all the deleted topics/ chapters for 2021-22 Term-based Board Exam.
With all this information in hand, both teachers and students will have a defined structure to begin the learning process on time and efficiently.
Class 10 Computer Applications Reduced Syllabus for 2021-22 (Reduced)
<cta> Download <cta>
We have also provided the syllabus for the 2021-22 session that was previously restored so that you can compare the deleted and added topics.
Class 10 Computer Applications Reduced Syllabus for 2021-22 (Restored Previously)
<cta> Download <cta>
Now, let us take a look at the syllabus for Term I and Term II Board Exams in detail and try to understand what changes have been made.
<red> Marked in red: <red> Topics <red> removed <red> for 2021-22
Unit II: HTML - I
- Introduction to web page designing using HTML: create and save an HTML document, access a web page using a web browser.
- HTML tags: html, head, title, body, (attributes: text, background, bgcolor, link, vlink, alink), br (break), hr (horizontal rule), inserting comments, h1..h6 (heading),
p (paragraph), b (bold), i (italics), u (underline), ul (unordered list), ol (ordered list), and li (list item). Description lists: dl, dt and dd. Attributes of ol (start, type), ul (type).
- Font tags (attributes: face, size, color).
- Insert images: img (attributes: src, width, height, alt), sup (super script), sub (subscript).
- HTML Forms: Textbox, radio buttons, checkbox, password, list, combobox.
Unit III: Cyber Ethics
- Software licenses and the open source software movement.
- Intellectual property rights, plagiarism and digital property rights.
- Freedom of information and the digital divide.
- E-commerce: Privacy, fraud, secure data transmission
Unit I: Networking
- Internet: World Wide Web, web servers, web clients, web sites, web pages, web browsers, blogs, news groups, HTML, web address, e-mail address, downloading and uploading files from a remote site. Internet protocols: TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP, HTTPS. Remote login and file transfer protocols: SSH, SFTP, FTP, SCP, TELNET, SMTP, TCP/IP.
- Services available on the internet: information retrieval, locating sites using search engines and finding people on the net;
- Web services: chat, email, video conferencing, e-Learning, e-Banking, e-Shopping, e-Reservation, e-Governance, e-Groups, social networking.
- Mobile technologies: SMS, MMS, 3G, 4G.
Unit II: HTML - II
- Embed audio and video in a HTML page.
- Create a table using the tags: table, tr, th, td, rowspan, colspan.
- Links: significance of linking, anchor element (attributes: href, mailto), targets.
- Cascading style sheets: colour, background-colour, border-style, margin, height, width, outline, font (family, style, size), align, float.
<red> Unit IV: Scratch or Python (Theory and Practical) <red>
<red> Alternative 1: Scratch <red>
- <red> Revision of the basics of Scratch. <red>
- <red> Sprite, tempo, variables, and events. <red>
- <red> Coordinates and conditionals. <red>
- <red> Drawing with iteration. <red>
- <red> Update variables repeatedly, iterative development, ask and answer blocks. <red>
- <red> Create games, animated images, stories and songs. <red>
<red> Alternative 2: Python <red>
- <red> Revision of Python basics. <red>
- <red> Conditionals: <red> <red> if, if-else statements. <red>
- <red> Loops: <red> <red> for, while (e.g., sum of first 10 natural numbers). <red>
- <red> Practice simple programs. <red>
- Create static web pages.
- Use style sheets to enforce a format in an HTML page (CSS).
- Embed pictures, audio and videos in an HTML page.
- Add tables and frames in an HTML page.
- Decorate web pages using graphical elements.
- Create a website using several web pages. Students may use any open source or proprietary tool.
- Work with HTML forms: text box, radio buttons, checkbox, password, list, combo box.
- Write a blog using HTML pages discussing viruses, malware, spam and antiviruses
- Create a web page discussing plagiarism. List some reported cases of plagiarism and the consequent punishment meted out. Explain the nature of the punishment in different countries as per their IP laws.
- <red> Create simple stories with Scratch (involving at least two objects/characters) and iteration OR write programs for finding the sum/product of first n natural numbers using Python. <red>
The Syllabus also gives a detailed distribution of marks for the Practical tests that will be conducted in each term.
Our other latest CLASS 10 EDUCART QUESTION BANKS FOR 2022 EXAMS are a complete solution for exam preparation with new pattern chapter-wise questions, Toppers corner, Competency-based Q’s, Self Assessment Questions and Papers, and Topper Answers.
Any other information regarding CBSE curriculum, paper pattern, study material, and notifications is available below in the supporting links.