We all know and appreciate how CBSE keeps coming with new ways to help teachers and students perform better in carrying out their tasks. This sometimes includes improved teaching resources while sometimes they are additional learning and practice material for students.
On March 24, 2021, Hon'ble Minister of Education announced the release of 100+ comic books for students of Class 3 to 12. With these, CBSE aimed to introduce Art-integrated Education to improve students’ way of perceiving NCERT curriculum.
But are these comic books actually useful in the way they are depicted?
These comics are created by teachers of CBSE affiliated schools and curated by NCERT to make it available to all students. When they were released, we did a thorough analysis on all subjects and came to some conclusions, which you can find below.
But first, here is the so far provided CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Comic Books PDF file. You can download it to your device for FREE offline access without entering any login information.
According to CBSE, these comic books are supposed to:
- bring an innovative shift to teaching and learning methods;
- associate the students with holistic learning;
- develop cultural and social sensitivity in them;
- encourage out-of-the-box thinking; and
- help them connect real life experiences to the concepts of a subject.
So, we examined the CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Comic Books to see if these were applicable on them. Based on that, we have provided a few Advantages and Shortfalls of this comic book. You can read them and understand if they will actually prove to be a helping hand as far as the curriculum/ board exam 2022 is concerned.
- Encourages Creative Imagination: Although this comic book is poorly designed, students may find the overall presentation of the storyline fun and imaginative, resulting in an improved ability to visualise the whole concept of the story and hence, the use of Reported Speech.
- Supports Reading Skills: The use of dialogues helps the students to understand how to make dialogue with their friends, teachers, and neighbours.
- Summarised Content: The comic book comes with some helpful additions in the beginning and at the end including Storyboard, Learning Outcomes, Character Sketch, Recapitulation, Glossary, and Bibliography. These elements provide an idea of what the whole comic is about and is going to present.
- Practice Questions: They also have some fun objective questions like crosswords, word grids, MCQs, etc. to test the knowledge of the students on the basis of the content.
- Same as Class 10th Book: As we have studied all the comic books of Class 10 and 12, we noticed that the Class 12 Chapter 12 Consumer Protection comic book is exactly the same as Class 10 Chapter 5 Consumer Rights. So, there is not any difference in the difficulties of the two books, except for the exercises. This makes these books quite unreliable for learning the concepts of the NCERT chapter.
- Unnecessarily Distractive: This book is designed to be an additional learning material but it can be quite a distraction for some students. They may be spending hours reading this mini book and yet not learning anything substantial.
- Not Enough Content: So far, CBSE has released only this one comic book in alignment with Class 12 Business Studies NCERT book, which means that students and teachers only have Reported Speech to visualise with the help of a comic book. CBSE must think of adding more concepts of Literature and Grammar so that these comic books can actually be a helpful resource.
- Irrelevant Questions: Even though the questions provided in these comic books are fun, they are totally not based on the CBSE paper pattern. Questions like crosswords, word hunt, etc. will not help the students to practice the types of questions based on the new pattern.
- Inconsistency: There is some confusion observed within the book as the teachers or students may not completely understand the story or how they can utilise this resource to their benefit. So, the teachers may not prefer using this book as a teaching resource.
We hope this information helps you to decide if the CBSE Class 12 Comic Books are effective for learning the chapters in Class 12 Business Studies curriculum better.
To further facilitate the students prepare for better results in their Class 12 Board exams, we have quality learning resources that are our EDUCART NCERT EXEMPLARS FOR CLASS 12 2022 BOARD EXAMS.
They are available for Mathematics, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry, with all the NCERT Exemplar Problems and their explained Solutions. We have also added some important questions from Diksha Platform for Class 12.
For more information or latest CBSE news, you can check out the supporting links.